Classroom Update

What does my classroom look like now?

If you are a regular visitor to this blog, you would know that I have made a move from the Junior end of the school (Year 2) to a new classroom. Here's what my Year 2 room looked like at the start of the year and what it looked like when I had to rearrange my furniture.

I am now a Year 4 teacher after many years in the Junior school. Here's a peek at my class at the very start of the year, when I was still moving my things in. As you can see, I am a messy mover!

Now that I am moved in and settled, here are some photos of my classroom as it is. It has a 'lived in' feeling, as I didn't tidy up before taking the photos.

Without further ado:

View of the classroom from my desk

From here, we can see the back corner of the classroom, the general clutter on my desk and the decorations I bought at the start of the year. I also have my star curtain, which I bought many years ago in Chinatown in Sydney.

Our Science Wall - Plants in Action

Our Science unit this term is a Primary Connections unit called Plants in Action. You may be able to read some of our questions or wonderings from the start of the unit, as well as some of our vocabulary words.

Looking from the back wall to the whiteboard and Smartboard

In this photo you can see the whiteboard and Smartboard area. This is where we sit for whole class instruction, games and activities. 

View of mini whiteboard and floor space with my desk tucked in behind.

Here are the tables my students sit at with their table labels hanging down from above, plus some of the decorations I bought at the beginning of the year. I also re-used my "Mrs Hadfield" sign as students often find my name difficult to spell. 

View from the door to the back of the classroom

On the back wall you can see a wide expanse of display space that hasn't yet got any work. We are currently working on 2 artworks and a reading activity that will be hung there soon. Stay tuned for that! Above the display, there are some Matisse inspired collage name artworks. These artworks are also at the front of the class above the whiteboard.

View from back corner towards the door

From this angle we can see the door to the corridor, the science display and the bookshelf (that is stuck to the wall). Moving out into the corridor we have this display:


Our poetry display in the corridor

The ruffled border on this display took a little patience and time, but it is very eye catching as you walk up or down the corridor! Well worth the time I invested. The other end of this display has student photos, so I won't post pictures. 

Where to now?

I still have a few displays to put up in the classroom and some boxes full of things left in my spare room at home to bring in to school. I need to organise my filing cabinet (which is almost too full to close) and develop a system for dealing with the clutter that covers my desk on a daily basis. I think I may have to come in during the school holidays to sort out some of these things, as I am focussing on teaching and learning as a priority now.

Thanks again for visiting and having a virtual tour of my classroom as it is now. 
Bec


Comments